Alice Glass Leaves Crystal Castles

Alice Glass Leaves Crystal Castles


Photo by Erez Avissar


Alice Glass, one-half of Crystal Castles, has announced on Facebook that she is leaving the band. Said Glass in her post:




I am leaving Crystal Castles.

My art and my self-expression in any form has always been an attempt towards sincerity, honesty, and empathy for others.

For a multitude of reasons both professional and personal I no longer feel that this is possible within CC.

Although this is the end of the band, I hope my fans will embrace me as a solo artist in the same way they have embraced Crystal Castles.

-Alice



Crystal Castles began as producer and multi-instrumentalist Ethan Kath's solo project in 2003. Named after She-Ra's dwelling in the cartoon series "He-Man and Masters of the Universe", Crystal Castles completed their roster when Kath met singer Alice Glass in 2005. The two recorded a few 7" and 12" demos, including the popular "Alice Practice", which was a demo of Glass testing out a microphone, before releasing their debut LP, Crystal Castles , in 2008. The band released another self-titled album, Crystal Castles, in 2010. Their last record was III , which came out in 2012.


Read our interview with Crystal Castles.


Watch Crystal Castles' video for "Plague":







via Molly Beauchemin

No comments:

Post a Comment