Röyksopp and Robyn Share Kindness Remix of "Monument"

Röyksopp and Robyn Share Kindness Remix of "Monument"



Röyksopp and Robyn have shared a Kindness remix of their recent single "Monument", from their collaborative album Do It Again . Listen to it above.



Adam Bainbridge, aka Kindness, said of the track:



“It's been a pleasure seeing how ‘Monument’ started stretching its legs over time: from 5 to 7 to 12 minutes at one point. When Robyn & I spoke about reworking the song, it was already so right, so hauntingly gossamer, that it seemed it could only be remixed by taking away - stripping things back to the core of its groove. I'm very happy to have Busiswa on this (even slightly slower) version of ‘Monument’, making a deeper connection with the Kwaito shuffle I thought was lurking somewhere in the heart of the track."



Said Robyn:



“I played ‘Monument’ to Adam (Kindness) a long time ago way before it was finished, so he's heard it grow and when he said he'd like to remix it, I knew he was going to make something special. He brought the song to a new place, his place. It's a place that I love. Busiswa sounds so good on it too. I'm happy to have another girl on there.”



The duo has also shared a Kindness remix that features Mark E. Listen to it here.


Watch the video for "Monument":







via Molly Beauchemin

No comments:

Post a Comment